135 missing after Uttarakhand disaster to be declared dead: Officials

135 missing after Uttarakhand disaster to be declared dead: Officials

Over a fortnight after the flash floods in Uttarakhand, the state government has initiated the process of declaring 135 people still missing as “presumed dead” and issued a notification to that effect, officials said. Chamoli Police on Tuesday said that bodies of 70 people and 29 body parts have been recovered from Tapovan in Chamoli district so far.

News source : Hindustan Times

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.